Instructions for Script
Manufacturer/Operating System-ISS (Generic)
Intel compatible hardware
Windows 2003 Server or Windows 2008 Server
The purpose of these instructions is to get configuration
information from your systems. This data will not be shared
outside of TERiX and will be used only to calculate sparing
levels for your contracted systems.
The directions below cause Windows Server operating systems
to gather necessary information to facilitate our support
process. The output will be provided in an application, and
must be exported to file which you can ftp in binary mode to
No script; please use
If the system is made by Dell, please provide service tags
for each system in addition to the outputs of the process to
If the system is made by HP or Compaq, please provide the
outputs of HP Insight online diagnostics (will run on linux/windows
while system is up)
If the system is made by IBM, please provide the complete
seven-digit machine type and model code (e.g., 8670-71X) and
provide it along with output from each system.
(1) Open Microsoft Config by opening the Windows Start menu,
selecting All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System
(2) The system will create a window labeled System
Information with a great deal of information.
(3) Select the File menu, and select Export.
(4) Please export the output to a filename using the
(5) The application will take about one minute to write the
file to disk.
(6) If possible we would like a hostname to serial number
mapping created. If not, we will need to send a local FE
onsite to collect the serial numbers.
(7) Instructions for sending output to TERiX:
Please send the output files to TERiX via one of the
- email the file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- please upload the output file to TERiX's ftp Server at
- Username is upload
- Password: upload
Once the ftp completes, please email email@example.com
with the names of uploaded files that were placed on the
- TERiX's ftp server is secure so you cannot use ftp://ftp.terix.com directly in a browser,
it will result in 550 Permission Denied errors. If the command line ftp above is not possible
TERiX does have a browser based uploader https://ftp.terix.com, please use 123456 as the ticket
(8) Once the ftp completes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with the filenames
that were placed on the ftp server
(9) SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
STM (Support Tool Manager) has to be installed for more
(10) NETWORK REQUIREMENTS
Network connection will facilitate the process. No specific
requirements are needed.